It’s quite incredible when you look back at the campaign promises that Obama made and the things that he has said that he would do during his term as President. If you plan on voting for that guy, perhaps you should come up with a good reason why, because most of what I have been hearing so far has been laughable.
Obama said that:
- he would have the most transparent administration in history.
- he didn’t know Jeremiah Wright was radical and racist.
- the minimum wage would increase to $9.50/hr.
- his campaign would accept public funding before he decided against it.
- he would stop the wiretapping of citizens under the Patriot Act.
- Guantanamo Bay would be closed within a year.
- he is not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage.
- the unemployment rate would be 8.5% without the stimulus.
- the health care negotiations would be covered live on C-span.
- he would cut the deficit in half by end of first term, or he would be a one-term President.
- he would save average family $8,000 a year in gas.
- we shouldn’t mandate the purchase of health care.
- the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) would pay for itself.
- we have run out of places in the U.S. to drill for oil.
- the Obamacare “fee” is not a new tax.
- the health care bill would not increase the deficit by one dime.
- the fence between the U.S. and Mexico is “practically complete.”
- his budget would cut the deficit by $4 trillion over 10 years.
- he won’t have lobbyists in the White House.
- he would get rid of earmarks.
Every single one of these statements has come to be proven false. So tell me, Obama voters, how does it feel to be fooled once only to actively want to be fooled again? Instead of voting for lies dressed as hope, it’s time to vote for someone who can fix reality. Vote Romney/Ryan 2012.